Ever find yourself with the latest catchy pop tune stuck in your head for days on end? You know, stuck in the elevator humming away the latest Beyonce treffer, or forgetting that you’re in a rather rough bar and that quietly singing a Miley Cyrus ballad to yourself is probably going to get you… injured.
I know I sure as Hell do – having a baby at home means I permanently have a head full of whatever nursery rhymes or lullabies were last playing or being crooned in my house. Believe me, you can get really tired of “Twinkle twinkle little star” after the 750th time.
Enter a site called unhear it (slogan: Get that damn song out of your head), who have come up with a way of replacing that catchy tune in your head with… another catchy tune. Their method? Ummm… the site plays a tune. If you don’t dig it you can simply click “New Song”. A quick trial dished up the following:
- I’m just a girl – No Doubt (I probably shouldn’t sing this too often)
- Bad romance – Lady Gaga (Raa Raa)
- Conga – Gloria Estefan (C’mon Sannie shake your ass and do the Conga – or something like that)
- Relax – Frankie goes to Hollywood (good tune)
- Train – Hey soul sister (good tune)
- Never gonna give you up – Rick Astley (the song that spawned the tradition of Rickrolling – legendary!)
- Mmm Mmm Mmm – Crash Test Dummies (Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm)
- Some random TV show jingle which I can’t place (which got me thinking about TV jingles in general, followed by a solid two hours of me humming the Airwolf theme)
- Macarena – Los Del Rio (That’s about the point where the site lost me. NOBODY plays the Macarena and gets away with it in 2010! People have died for less.)
So all in all: Yes – it will get you crooning something different, which is exactly what the site promises to do. Try it out: unhear it.
Dale a tu cuerpo alegria Macarena
Que tu cuerpo es pa’ darle alegria y cosa buena
Dale a tu cuerpo alegria, Macarena